Letting go of guilt, anger, love, loss or betrayal is one of the hardest parts because we are mostly scared of change. We fight to hold on but also fight to let go. Once you have been hurt your soul is breaking, your perspective on life will change.
Even though it is hard, here are some reasons why you should let go:
- Let go of the things which do not serve you any longer, do not grow you or make you unhappy, only then you will live a happy and meaningful life you deserve.
- Some rejections in your life are only re-direction to something better.
- Letting go frees you from unnecessary stress and gives you a peaceful state of mind.
- It makes you a stronger person. Letting go means you leave your comfort zone and decide for taking on new opportunities.
- Letting go is not to say you don’t care about someone anymore, you just take ownership over your life.
- You don’t lose the things you let go. Instead, you lose the things you cling on to. Have you ever struggled to find a new job or love and you realised that you found it the minute you gave up? That is the paradox of letting go.
- You cannot move forward if you keep looking backwards. Unless you let go, forgive yourself or someone else or that the situation is over, you are not able to move forward.
- Forgiving is letting go of the past which gives you inner peace.
- Once you let go of the past, you are ready to have something better.
- “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” Deepak Chopra
- Letting go gives you freedom and thus happiness.
- It means you know there is a future for you.
- The pain of letting go is less than missing your destiny.
- Let go of the life you have been planning, you open yourself to the life that God has in store for you.
- Do not force things which are not working anymore. If things are meant to happen, it will, if not, open up to new opportunities for something better.
“Letting go means to come to the realisation that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”
― Steve Maraboli