Welcome to day #12 of the 31-day challenge: from stress to success. Today’s secret to success is:
Drink lots of water
I am pretty sure you heard this already so many times: drink more water. Some companies do even water challenges to remind people to drink. Why is that so important and why do we struggle to drink water?
Our bodies consist of 80-90% water. Besides oxygen, it’s the most important substance required for life. Human beings can survive a few days without food, but our bodies demand water on a daily basis.
Our bodies need water to flush out any toxic from our system. We are exposed to lots of toxic in a day, it starts with processed food or sugary drinks we put into our body, any cosmetics with chemicals we use for our skin and chemical substances and materials we use to clean our home. Did you know that all the ‘diet’ drinks contain pure chemicals instead of sugar which your body cannot handle and therefore it goes into your liver to be detoxified?
Here are some signs that you are not drinking enough water:
- mental cloudiness
- other health disorders
- dry eyes
- dry skin
- difficulty breathing
- stiff joints
- dark yellow urine and more.
It is fascinating to watch that people make major shifts in their outlook on life once they simply began to drink more water. It increases our energy and helps us maintain a brighter, clearer view of life.
Most people even notice that various health problems clear up once they increase their water intake.
It is being said that vitality is power minus obstructions. Water washes away obstructions. It cleans out our circulatory systems and helps regulate our blood sugar levels.
So, how much water is ideal?
It is recommended to drink between 1.9l and 2% of your body weight. For example, if your body weight is 75 kg, then you need to drink anywhere between 1.9l and 1.5l (2% x 75kg) of water per day. You need to drink more water if you are more active, exercise and if it is hot outside.
- Upon waking, drink a glass of water. You have been asleep for 6- 10 hours, so you are completely dehydrated. Water in the morning is helping your brain to be clearer and makes you feel more energised.
- Throughout the day, keep a glass or 1l bottle filled with water nearby to remind you to drink often. If you don’t like the taste of plain water, spice it up with lemon, lime, mint leaves and any other fruits.
- Instead of drinking black tea, coffee, alcohol, soft drinks or even fruit juice, substitute it with herbal or fruit tea without sugar or water.
- Simply develop a greater taste for water.
- Choose your water wisely, make sure it is filtered and not just tap water. You don’t want to bring more chemicals into your body. Also, sparkling water is acidic, which you want to avoid.
I am clean, clear, and refreshed. I sparkle as I drink my life-giving water.
If you enjoy this challenge and want more juicy information, please join my closed facebook group “Light up your soul” for more valuable free content and future challenges: join here.
If you feel stuck with chronic fatigue because of consistent high stress levels or you feel just drained and unmotivated to go to work every morning, don’t wait and book in your free discovery call with me now. Click here.
Stay tuned for day 13 action steps.